I had an opportunity to create a self-order kiosk running on an iPad for an ice cream chain, Somisomi franchise Inc., in 2020, in the midst of the pandemic. I was referred to this role by my ex-coworker who was the brand designer for this company a few years back.
It was a very fast-paced, fun and exciting gig and we had a lot of challenges. The timeline was very tight; we only had 2 months to design, build and test. So things had to move on fast. And guess what - we did it! We made the app and the kiosks were successfully installed in two locations in Los Angeles - Sawtelle and Koreatown.
I led the UX design from beginning to end. Here's the list of some of the things I did:
- Organized meetings
- Led brainstorm and ideation sessions
- Identified the needs of consumers, franchisees, and the corporate (and how they can be vastly different from each other)
- Communicated with stakeholders, engineers and graphic designer
- Delivered wireframes, interaction designs and prototypes
- Led UX writing
- Designed physical components and marketing materials
- Designed full customer experience
- Facilitated guerrilla testing on-site
As of July 2021 - They just passed 100K kiosk transactions!
Lead UX/UI designer
Client: Somisomi Franchinse inc.
Brand designer: Haemin Lee
Software Engineers: Mark Yun, Han Dole Kim
Graphic Designer: Inhae Kim
Character illustration and animation: Delpic
NOTES AND THOUGHTS
ADMIN CONSOLE - FOR FRANCHISEE